Thursday, March 9, 2017

New House Laundry Room



I had finished my laundry room at the old house and loved it. Really loved it, the color was Aged Beige (Divine White for Sherwin Williams) and I painted the door SW Watery, the washer and dryer were a dark chrome and I added coat hooks and a small white cabinet.



At my old house I had the door leading to my garage painted Sherwin Williams Watery, but for this door I had enough Sherwin Williams Tidewater to paint my laundry room door both front and back. Tidewater is a bit softer and lighter than Watery and I like that it adds just a little something different than the other interior doors painted white.



In new house I didn't want to shake it up too much because again I loved the laundry room at the old house. I was able to reuse everything I had and when I bought my new washer and dryer I went with the same color. The only differences were the paint, I went with SW porch screen a light silver-grey, and a cute funky light fixture from Lowes ($22). Oh, and my new floors! the old house had some cruddy old floors. So overall I may actually like this laundry room more than the old house because the flooring sets it apart.



On the walls I reused my framed laundry prints, these were literally the cost of the frames $14 each and Command 3M picture hanging strips, the prints I found for free on Cottage Market and Shabby Creek Cottage blogs and printed on my color printer at home. The coat hooks were brought and reused from my old house and the cabinet also from my old house.

The back wall seems like wasted space so I am considering different possibilities for that wall, but I have to remember it's a small room so anything I do must be space conscientious. I am thinking either a hanging drying rack, or some very narrow shelves, right now the drying rack is my first choice. Stay tuned, but for now I love my little laundry space.


Links to my old house Laundry room re-do:
#1 - http://homebyten.blogspot.com/2014/09/laundry-room-re-do-part-1.html
#2 - http://homebyten.blogspot.com/2014/10/laundry-room-re-do-part-2.html
#3 - http://homebyten.blogspot.com/2015/05/laundry-room-re-do-part-3-and-finalfor.html

No comments:

Post a Comment