Friday, November 11, 2016

New Flooring First Floor

Hi friends I have been hard at work on my house. It's amazing how much time and focus you can put into a house. This has been a whirlwind of a year with buying a new house and trying to get it fixed to look and function how I want it. 


My kitchen is a major area of focus for me. We spend a lot of time in there and most of my stuff is kitchen stuff so having storage is the most important aspect to me. Secondary is how my kitchen looks, though it's still important.


I busted through the cheap and easy early on, which was cleaning and painting. My kitchen stayed in a state of flux for the past year. It was a matter of working on how it looked as I figured out how to get more storage and worked on getting more storage. I think my kitchen just fluctuated between ok and disaster every few weeks, and I shuffled stuff around constantly as I worked on something new. If this doesn't motivate you to get stuff done nothing will. Plus I had walls, cabinets, and counters that all clashed so I was eager to get projects knocked off my list.


I had gotten to a point where all the cheap and easy was completed so it was time to move on to a more expensive checklist item. The first step in my opinion was the flooring, it made sense to start at the ground and work my way up.


My ideal floor was a wood floor or engineered hardwood, but I was very apprehensive because my kids are a bit rough on everything and the bigger concern is my little toy poodle who still has accidents. The move in floors were carpet in the livingroom and vinyl sheet on the rest of my ground floor. The carpet was 5-6 years old and looking every bit of that, but the vinyl was in good condition and it really didn't look bad, but neither were what I wanted.


I wanted one flooring that covered my entire first floor to make it flow consistently and hoped it looked bigger.  I looked for 10 months, but finally settled on Coretek Plus engineered vinyl planks, it looks like wood but is 100% water proof, kid proof, and pet proof. Vinyl was not what I wanted but surprise! it's what I chose in the end. And I must say price was a couple thousand less than the wood I had picked out, so the floor I got was still pricey, but worth it.




No comments:

Post a Comment