Friday, August 14, 2015

Painting a laminate side table



Part of my guest room update was painting the existing furniture so it was all color matched.

I have this little side table made for magazines and books that I got from Morris Home Furnishings eons ago for like $50. It is made with a laminate type material and it is a nice medium wood tone but I am sorta over it and it is chipped in places so it is time to update this piece.

I used Glidden Duo Primer and Paint in Eggshell in Behr color called Mourning Dove. This piece covered nicely (thank goodness!!!) I used the brush to do 2 coats and finished it with one coat by roller and a day later one thin coat of General Finishes Top Coat Poly Eurthane. Other than wiping it down with a wet cloth I did no other prep work.

The magazine rack and the little knobs were already a brass color so I decided to not mess with them by spraying with gold paint (I was out and did not want to buy a new can). Love it! So fast and easy and now matches the cabinet I recently painted.

I am looking at the Tarva six drawer dresser for this room while is is on sale at Ikea and I had already bought the Tarva night stand which is in the box in my garage. We'll see though, I am ready to be done with this room and want to move on to my next little project. But this room really needs a dresser....stay tuned.


TO DO List:
paint walls
paint baseboards
clean blind
curtain?
move sofa 
paint cabinet
poly cabinet
paint cabinet hardware
paint side table
poly side table
dresser??
pictures or mirror?

No comments:

Post a Comment