Friday, February 14, 2014

Yogurt Station



In late October, Megan at Honey We’re Healthy posted a yogurt station idea that Leanne at And Away We Go! sent by email to Megan after seeing Megan’s breakfast bar.

Genius! I love yogurt and I like getting both flavored or plain yogurt. Getting plain or vanilla yogurt and adding in my own fruit, raisins, nuts, seeds, granola, coconut, and chopped dark chocolate made this idea seem even better to me. I immediately found an unused plastic storage box and started filling up some plastic canning jars.

To make the storage box more interesting, I added 2 washi tape stripes on the outside of the container. The jars are Ball canning jars with screw on lids. These are about the same size as the jelly jars which is smaller than the pint size jars. I added little washi tape labels so I know what is in each container. I also added a smaller Rubbermaid container to hold chopped chocolate.
I also added in a cup holding plastic spoons and small plastic cups for days when I scoop plain vanilla from a large sized yogurt container. The containers can vary depending on what I have on hand, I like to eat pumpkin seeds and make my own granola so when I have these on hand I add these to my yogurt station.

Chobani Pineapple is my favorite, I also like the Chobani Honey. Really I like most yogurt Dannon, Yoplait, etc… They all are awesome. I love adding nuts, granola, raisins, and coconut to any flavor yogurt.
I have had my yogurt station at my desk at work since late October. I wasn’t sure how often I would use it but, I have to say I use it everyday at work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment