Friday, October 4, 2013

Repainted Door Knobs


I cannot believe it's been 2 weeks since I was last here! But I have been very busy repainting my baseboards, trim, and doors. I have also been touching up the paint in needed areas as well. We have an annual pumpkin carving party for the kids and I like to try to tackle as many home projects as possible before this party. So I have been up to my eyeballs in paint.



One thing I did was change my brass door knobs. I didn't buy new ones but instead I spray painted them with Rustoleum Oil Rubbed Bronze finish spray paint. The strike plates are not as great because the door latch rubs the paint off the strike plates but you can buy strike plates in that same color. So I might buy a few packs to replace on our high traffic doors.



I wanted brushed nickle door knobs throughout the house and do have my entire lower level finished in brushed nickle, but my ground floor was all brass minus 2 doors and my upper level is all brass. Door knobs are very expensive so for a now solution painting the knobs was the most economical solution. I have to say I love the dark knobs, I am rethinking the brushed nickle.

Here are some pics of the new paint job in my entry! So excited it looks so clean, new, and pretty.  Also a before and after of the brass versus oil rubbed bronze. I still have some door knobs to finish but I have a week left before the party.










No comments:

Post a Comment