Monday, October 14, 2013

Chalkboard Panels



I have a little chalkboard wall over a breakfast bar in my basement, it was painted directly on the wall, my kids love it and it is a fun way to "hang" art on the wall. In my freshly painted kitchen, I wanted to put something easy up on the wall specifically as a temporary solution for the party we had on Saturday. I have not yet made up my mind about what I want to see on that wall but at the same time I didn't want to leave the wall blank.



I remembered seeing a cute and fun chalkboard panel post by Carmel at Our Fifth House. She did the same panels in her dining room over her buffet. I was at Target when I passed by the $5.99 wall mirrors and I remembered seeing that creative post and decided it was the perfect solution, even if it is short-term because I already had chalkboard paint and I can hang these lightweight panels with Command Picture Hanging Strips, so no holes in my walls.


I know my kids will love this too, they will be able to draw pictures or write notes on the wall where we eat dinner together. I bought 4 panels but apparently Carmel has some very high ceilings, because 4 was too many for my wall. The fourth panel will be turned into a chalkboard for my son's room.



As the days until my kids party wound down, this was a perfect and fast way to add some personality to my kitchen wall. My kids got home from school Wednesday, saw the writing on the panels, dropped their bookbags in the floor and asked is it done? After I said yes they were off to get their chalkboard markers to add their artistic touches.



No comments:

Post a Comment