Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Pillow Covers (Red and White Fabric)


Yep, still on pillow covers! I made this pillow cover over a week ago, but vacation put things on hold. This fabric was a 1 yard clearance buy at fabric.com from Premier Prints in Abigail Flamingo. So far I have only finished one of the two covers I plan to make. Because I only have 1 yard the pocket in the back is not very deep but deep enough to hold an 18 inch pillow insert. I think I will still add a piece of Velcro to keep it looking neat and possibly a button (maybe a wooden button to dress it up).


This pattern was more difficult because I want the pattern front and center on both the front and on as much of the back as possible. But I really like the end result.


These will be a seasonal pillow as I don't have much red in my house, but I can see myself using this a lot because I think they are very pretty.

I have 2 more fabrisc just laying around that I am going to make pillow covers out of then I HAVE to move on to another project that needs attention (believe me I have plenty to choose from).



No comments:

Post a Comment