Monday, July 15, 2013

Confetti Star Dish


Hello everyone,

One project on Pinterest I have been interested in doing is the confetti vases. I decided to do this using a star shaped candy dish I had bought last year from the dollar store. This cost me $1.00. I already had bottles of acrylic paint left over from other projects.

 

I flipped a kids cup upside down and used it to set the dish on (also upside down). I took toothpicks and dotted on different colors, I used aqua, charcoal grey, pearl, and gold.




I put the finished dish on a baking sheet and placed into the oven (cold oven). I then set the oven to 325 degrees and baked the dish for 30 minutes. Cool the dish completely.

 

The paint should be set after baking so you can wash the dish, I have put mine in the dishwasher on the top racks without any issues.

 

I did add more paint later and re-baked this. I think my next confetti paint project I will use a lot more paint and more colors, but this is fine for my first attempt.
 


 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment