Friday, June 28, 2013

Gold Baked Vase




I have a lot of glass vases around my house. I have given at least 7 to Goodwill in the last year. I only need so many clear glass vases, however after doing this project I wish I had kept a couple of those vases. Painting glass with acrylic paint and baking the vessel is a popular way to customize a clear glass vessel. 


I dug out a small bud vase that I was not attached to. The glass has a subtle swirl pattern on it which is pretty but didn't stand out too much. I decided to brush gold paint on the vase in stripes following the pattern on the vase. I kept the paint light so it was not very dark.


I baked the vase on a baking sheet for 30 minutes, do not preheat the oven. Completely cool the object.


This should set the paint and you will be able to wash the vessel by hand or in the dishwasher.


This was a cheap project to do quickly in the evening after work. I like that I didn't have to buy anything for this project. If you would have to buy the needed supplies a bottle of craft paint and a dollar store vase will cost you between $2-3.

No comments:

Post a Comment