Friday, May 31, 2013

End of May and HB to me!

May 30th marks the end of 10 years in my house. My goal was to create the home I wanted by the ten year mark, get it?.... Home by Ten.

Did I succeed? In some ways yes, but does the house look the way I want it to? No. Problem is my first ten years came with having 2 kids, full time jobs, completing my education, adjusting to the amount of time and work that goes into creating and maintaining a house and yard, in addition to taking care of 2 little kids and running them to lots of activities. So life literally got in the way.

We have learned a lot in the past 10 years. You learn how to manage time and get a routine down, however it is not easy. We also learned that with little kids it is hard to get anything done and they destroy pretty much everything. So I am not upset that we didn't get everything finished in the past 10 years.

The last day of May marks several things: first it is my b-day. Yup another year older today. Also, its the day we moved into our house, so its the first day of year 11 or the start of the next ten years. It is also what I consider the last day of spring, and the benchmark that I set many of my to do list and goals by every year.

So my first ten years, I created a home but it now needs a lot of updates. So my goal is to get my house how I want it in the next 10 years.

Cheers,
Jenni







No comments:

Post a Comment